Spread the Warmth Drive
Capuchin Community Services extends a HUGE thank you to the many who responded to our plea for help with cots and warm wear for our guests this winter. We received many pallets of warm wear and cots. We easily have enough cots and winter gear for the rest of the season. Your response was INCREDIBLE!
Many of our Capuchin Community Services’ guests are not sufficiently dressed to ward off the cold of Wisconsin's cold winters. And many of our children stand on the bus stop without hats and mittens. Can you help us with our Spread the Warmth Drive? Any of the following items will be well-used and we appreciate new or gently used donations as well.
- Warm blankets for our homeless guests
- Warm jackets--all sizes. Large sizes are particularly needed
- Mittens, scarves, hats, gloves for children, men & women
You can download several lists to share with friends, co-workers, students and others here. Please drop off all warm winter gear to either of our two locations:
The House of Peace, 1702 W. Walnut, Milwaukee, WI 53205
- Mondays-Fridays, 8:30 AM - Noon; 1-3:30 PM, at the 17th Street door located at the U-drive.
St. Ben’s Community Meal, 930 W. State Street, Milwaukee, WI 53233
- Mondays-Fridays, 9:30 AM - 7 PM
Please only drop off clothing during business hours.